Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
figdatbong
My Device: Not Specified

Validating email accounts and synchronizing calendars

Hi all.

Had my Storm for a couple of days now and although I would have to say the device seems to be working ok there are just one or two things I'm struggling with.

1.  I have managed to set up an Outlook email account which I use to 'push' emails to my device when I am out of the office however, I get an email each morning asking my to 'validate' my account by re-entering my password.  Is this normal or have I missed something during the setup process?

2.  I would like to synchronize my Oulook claendar also but the 'Wireless Synchronisation' option on the devise is greyed out?  I have looked at the synchronisation options in the Desktop Manager but am only getting two options for syncing...Yahoo and ASCII?!?  At this point my brain runs out of my ears, invariably making a mess on the carpet.

Any help regarding these issues would be much appreciated.

Regards

Paul

New Contributor
figdatbong
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Validating email accounts and synchronizing calendars

An update on the previous post.

Installed the Desktop Manager on my work pc and got a 'Intellisync' error?

The advanced options suggest that my work calendar is the default calendar however, the device does not allow me to change that to anything else?

Still can't change the setting on the device for 'Wireless Synchronization'?!?