Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w

Verizons targeted Storm OS offical release date....and BOGO

Per a artice I read today on the "Boy Genius Report", the target date for the next BlackBerry Storm OS update on Verizon is March 31st.

Plus from February 6th, until March 31st, Verizon is running a Buy One, Get One (BOGO) on Blackberry devices, and yes, this includes the Storm, heres the break down:

• The promotion runs from tomorrow, February 6th, until March 31st.
  • Buy any BlackBerry Verizon offers and get another one for free (equal or lesser value).
  • There is no mail in debit card necessary when purchasing the Storm, for the Curve 8330 and 8830, you’ll still get a $70 debit card back from the purchase of the first device.
  • Each device requires a two-year activation with corresponding data plan (BlackBerry data plan).

Those look to be the rules and regulations (nothing insane), and here’s the exact pricing for devices:

• BlackBerry Storm, $199.99, no debit card on either first or second Storm
  • BlackBerry Curve 8330, $79.99 after a $70 debit card (after Valentine’s Day, it jumps to $99.99)
  • BlackBerry 8830 Global, $99.99 after $70 debit card
  • BlackBerrry Pearl 8130, $19.99 after $100 debit card

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
RobertSeattle

Re: Verizons targeted Storm OS offical release date....and BOGO

"target date for the next BlackBerry Storm OS update on Verizon is March 31st."

Oh what year? 

or

Is that in Canadian or US dates?

:-)

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w

in the year 2012, dec 12th  JUDGEMENT DAY!!!!

just kidding, supposed to be this year.  idk though, i really dont care when they release it as i will continue to run the leaked beta as long as they run good.  

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Regulus49

if it's really March 31st,thats gonna suck.I thought someone on these forums posted that they heard the 1st or 2nd week of FeB???
a "storm" is coming
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
RobertSeattle

It's possible this is classic software release date weaseling - "The software will be available in the Spring" - meaning anytime between one minute past midnight on 1/1 to 11:59 PM on 3/31.  Or for the pessimists, any release date prior to 3/31 and you'll be ecstatic!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w

YA, that was me, guess my source wasnt too good, cause .99 leaked for vzw and .100 for voda

Please use plain text.
Developer
maskau

Jeff, come on, you got to get info for us Voda users too!!

Although I am impressed with your ability to find info!

"....A smart man will realize that he knows nothing and has everything to learn....."
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
PhoenixGI

Ditto here, Thanks for getting us what info you can Jeff :smileyhappy: When it comes to dates, it always has the potential to change.  Even if the sourse is THE decision maker on it, something could come up that could change ones mind any day.  In my opnion, just having a guess-tamated date is better then nothing.  At least they you know they ARE trying to fix things.

Now, happen to have anything on Plazmic 4.7 release dates??? :smileyhappy:

maskau wrote:

Although I am impressed with your ability to find info!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w

for plazmic, ive heard "spring time", sorry its not specific.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ZombieKat18

Would any of you reccomend for someone who is still new to the blackberry storm but is a fast learner and is way too impatient to wait for the official release at the end of March, to download 4.7.0.99? 

Is it hard to revert back to another operating system if that one doesn't like my phone?

I am willing to deal with the little bugs, but I really need my phone to work faster because its so slow its making me frustrated. 

Please use plain text.