Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: View Hidden Pictures

Well, again, not knowing your OS level, it's getting harder and harder to know how to help you. If you reveal some details, perhaps we can stop guessing. Things are different at different OS levels, sometimes substantially different.

Do you have a "Files" application anywhere on your BB? That's similar to the "Explore" option.

And, now you say you "don't have the Explore option anymore". Which would imply that you once did. So, what happened between the time you did have it and the time it vanished?

Thanks.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
dollface1234
My Device: bold

OMG, i'm so happy.. I found the Explore button. i don't know where it went but it's back haha thanks :smileyhappy:

deanahaire
My Device: Curve 9330

I have done all of the steps, I just cant seem to find my hidden pictures anywhere. Even after I chose Show Hidden. Help?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

deanahaire wrote:
I have done all of the steps, I just cant seem to find my hidden pictures anywhere. Even after I chose Show Hidden. Help?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Without your BB in hand, it's going to be very challenging to figure this out. If you indeed hid the pictures, then they are there...they are in the same folder/directory that they were in when you hid them. This more recent KB might help you:

• KB18466Hide or unhide pictures on the BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
SuzyQ44
My Device: Curve 9330

hello everyone... well i have a problem... at first i couldnt see my hidden pictures but than with all your help i was able to see them, ok so i open a new folder and move them there, than i went into the folder and i was playing around with the properties and i checked hidden than i couldnt see it in that "new folder"... so once i was able to figure it out how to see the hidden pictures, I went back to the new folder and i deleted it, so does it means that i also deleted the hidden pictures? but when i went to that "new folder" it said 0 pictures and at the beginning when i first put the pictures without hiding them it said 2 pictures once i hide the  pictures the "new folder" said 0 pictures... i just want to know if deleting that "new folder" also deleted those pictures? ok and another thing now, so now i go to my camera and on the camera folder i purposely hide 2 pictures to see if i could find them and now i cant ,even with all the step that all this people have provide i just cant seem to find those pictures... anyone help...

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

SuzyQ44 wrote:

so once i was able to figure it out how to see the hidden pictures, I went back to the new folder and i deleted it, so does it means that i also deleted the hidden pictures? 

Yes...deleting a folder deletes everything within it, hidden or not.

SuzyQ44 wrote:

ok and another thing now, so now i go to my camera and on the camera folder i purposely hide 2 pictures to see if i could find them and now i cant ,even with all the step that all this people have provide i just cant seem to find those pictures... anyone help...

I've never attempted to do that, so I'm not sure how to deal with it.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
syazalina_31
My Device: curve 8520

having the sa,e prob

zul30891
My Device: BOLD 2

Why I can't see the "Explore" button in my menu list?

I still can't show my hidden images. Please guys.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

zul30891 wrote:
Why I can't see the "Explore" button in my menu list?

I still can't show my hidden images. Please guys.

The method varies by BB OS level...this KB describes how:

• KB18466Hide or unhide pictures on the BlackBerry smartphone

Yes, it seems cumbersome, but, then again, hiding is something done for a purpose, so unhiding shouldn't be as simple.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates