Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Voice Notes say "Unsupported Format" in playback

The voice notes application is a wreck on my Storm.

I go to the app, record a voice note and then press stop. It lists the note in the menu but in the length column it says "0:00". then I try to play it and the player shows 'error playing' and says, "The Media being played is of an unsupported format".

Anyone understand what is going on here?

New Contributor

Re: Voice Notes say "Unsupported Format" in playback

Follow-up:

So suddenly, without making any changes to my storm (it just sat on my desk, didn't even shut it down), I picked it up and tried Voice Notes again and this time they worked. Multiple times in a row, recording and playback.

Also, this MUST be related to the fact that my voice dialing had stopped working last night (after I synced my contacts, coincidentally?) and now that my voice notes worked I decided to try the voice dialing and it works now too!

No clue what is going on or what made them all of a sudden become active again but I am glad they are back!!

New Contributor

I'm having the same two problems, but my storm hasn't decided to 'fix itself' yet.

I have this problem with Voice Notes and Video recordings made with my Storm.

Add me to the list having this problem.
New Contributor

Problem was fixed by taking out battery and doing a cold restart. Asked if there was a patch. Support said yes. That's it. Thanks alot!!!!!

Then I ran over my Storm. ouch. New one tomorrow.

To my surprise, this "therapeutic reboot" did the trick for me, too.

Playback works for both Voice Notes and Video now.

My Device: 8330
My Carrier: Sasktel

I'm having the same issue with my 8330.   I have been recording short notes (30s to 6 min).  A couple days ago, I went to review them, and almost all of them now show 0:00 and 0kb under properties.  If I try to play it and the player shows 'error playing' and says, "The Media being played is of an unsupported format".  I can still record new voice notes, but I would really like to recover the other ones.  Tried a battery pull, but it didn't fix anything.