03-04-2010 06:49 PM - edited 03-04-2010 06:51 PM
When I first got my Storm, it was OS version 4.5. Voice dialing would sort of work (you'd say a command, it would get to the dialing phase, but not actually dial). Then Verizon finally approved OS version 4.7. My voice dialing was fixed. Then, with the release of OS version 18.104.22.1688, my voice dialing fails to work again. Here's what happens:
1. Connected voice dialing-compatible Motorola H15 headset.
2. Pushed "Call" button on headset.
3. Storm begins it's command prompt.
4. I say a command.
5. Storm repeats command and asks if it's correct.
6. I confirm it's correct.
7. Storm says "Calling" and displays the "Name, #, dialing..." screen.
8. It just sits there and doesn't actually dial.
I have battery pulled the first 10 times this happened. Each time it didn't fix the issue. It doesn't come back on it's own either. And I have also tried my friend's Blue Ant headset; that didn't work either.
Any help from anyone would be *wonderful*! This is a function I use constantly and having to dial manually is a BIG hassle (not to mention illegal, since I live in California), and I doubt Verizon is going to approve another update anytime soon.
Thanks in advance!