Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
gepner
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Volume keys while playing music move to next file!!!

Has anyone seen this goofy bug - playing a song - want to increase the volume - but pressing the volume key moves me to the next song?  Any way to fix this?

Thanks.

New Contributor
donkeyblue
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Volume keys while playing music move to next file!!!

Dont holde the volume buttons down. Instead give the up or down volume buttons a swift click or tap. Holding down will cause it to change track.
Forums Advisor I
Windos1953
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Ive Done That But It Still Clicks to Next Tune? The Volume Buttons are Sensitive? I hardly Touch Them & I Get the
New Contributor
al_sledge
My Device: 9630 Tour

My 9630 seems to exhibit the same problem.  A quick tap, and it sometimes increases the volume, other times it switches files.  As I use it for listening to audio books during my commute this gets most irritating.  Trying to get to minute 34:26 of a 57:40 minute file could get a person killed!  The firmware guy developing code in the office is in a different environment than driving down the road at 70.  The volume control should be used to control (uh hum) the volume maybe.  Use one of the other buttons to change files!