Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Wakes without wireless connection

My Storm is scheduled to sleep between midnight and 6AM. With some frequency, I find that the phone woke up as it should, but did not make a wireless connection. I have to go to the connections screen and turn on wireless. Other days it seems to work just fine. My impression is that this happens more frequently when it is hooked to the charger over night (which is most nights). Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

Tom

Contributor

Re: Wakes without wireless connection

Just popping this up again in the hopes that someone has experienced this and / or has thoughts about how I might deal with it.
Contributor

Do I take it from the lack of response that no one else is having this problem? Happened again this morning. BB was on but was not connected. Driving me nuts.
Contributor
My Device: Storm

Many of us have this problem!  We're hoping for a fix in the new release.  For me, sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. 
Contributor

Thanks for the note. I'm glad to hear (I guess!@) that i'm not the only one. I wasn't able to find another thread about this on the forum, but probably missed it.

My experience is exactly as you describe. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. No pattern that I can see. It's pretty annoying. 

Tom

Contributor

Happens to me on a regular basis. I don't have an answer. Somedays it works, other days it don't. The phone wakes up but the radio doesn't connect.

This may be the cupid, but I'm not sure. You have an icon for Power Off. When you press this screen button, there are 2 choices:

1. Turn Off
2. Full Power Off.

If you select Turn Off, the phone seems to wake properly. I suspect the phone is still powered but only to enable wake-up.

Full Power Off shuts the phone down completly...again I suspect.

Now...if you are shutting your phone off using the red phone key, even through you get the "next on time" message, the phone is doing a complete shutdown, ie, Full Power Off....I suspect.

This is just a theory, there have been other users who has this problem, check the forum. It's probably an os issue.

note; You will only get the message "next time on" is when you have the Auto On/Off enabled.

Contributor

I let my BB turn itself off automatically, so I can't tell you whether a manual shut down would affect this. Goes to sleep at the right time. Wakes up at the right. Might or might not connect to the wireless. No pattern of when it does or does not that I can see.
Trusted Contributor

I have that problem occassionally too.  99% of the time I have e-mails so once my phone wakes up at 7:15am, it usually tells me that I have e-mail with a "ding" ring tone.  How I know the network isn't turned on is when I don't get a ding in the morning.  

If this info helped, please click on my Kudos. Thanks.
Contributor

I have the same problem...sometimes it wakes with the connection, others not...I don't see any difference with whether it is charging or not...

Also as an FYI, the Storm 9530 does this when you disable the radio settings in bedside mode. I am glad you guys/gals had this posted here, even with a battery pull it didn't set it back with the connection working!

Thanks,

WW