Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

CLD
New Contributor
CLD
My Device: Blackberry 9530(Storm)

Re: Watching movies on Storm

[ Edited ]
I converted my videos from Quicktime Movie format(don't know why they save it that way) to MP4, using a command-line utility. the quality is great. You can watch full-length movies on the Storm, provided that space is enough(bitrate and resolution of movie affects quality of sound and video, but also affects filesize). the videos I have are high quality(a rough guess of 1000Kbps video bitrate and 128Kbps audio bitrate on stereo in a MP4) takes up about 265.3MB. As for transferring videos, I just drag them into the Storm on Windows, with mass storage mode on.(the default drive setting should be: E:\BlackBerry\videos\

warrenianbarr wrote:

Will I be ever be able to watch full-length movies on my Storm?

Warren

Message Edited by CLD on 03-11-2009 12:46 AM
Contributor
speedrcr
My Device: Not Specified

Most of these software solutions seem to be PC based....what about on the Mac?!  ...I have converted them using Quicktime and I can get the to the storm....but they are all chopy and do not play well!
New Contributor
trbbclark
My Device: Not Specified

I use a program called "Wondershare DVD to BlackBerry Converter", but there's probably something free out there.  I just found this program first.  I have several movies on my storm.  It works great.  I am actually going to love this feature when having to wait at appointments, airports, etc.