Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Developer
rrc1962
My Device: Not Specified

Web Experience...Storm vs Curve

[ Edited ]

I'm leaning toward the Storm for the larger screen since my primary reason for this phone is mobile web and email.  Other than screen size, how would you rate the web experience on one vs the other?  Does the curve have mandatory data like the Storm?  I've seen a few issues mentioned with the Storm and there seems to be a lot of them on the used market.

I should also mention that since I'm no where near my upgrade date with Verizon and can't afford $600 for a phone, I'll be buying on the used market.  I'm not sure if I can add insurance on a phone not purchased through Verizon.  If I have issues and can't get support from Verizon, that could be a problem.

Thanks

Message Edited by rrc1962 on 05-29-2009 12:15 PM
Message Edited by rrc1962 on 05-29-2009 12:15 PM
Message Edited by rrc1962 on 05-29-2009 12:16 PM
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Web Experience...Storm vs Curve

I would advise using one first if you can.

The internet is great with the larger screen. There are also addtional third party browsers, like the Bolt browser and Opera Mini which work quite well for browsing also.

The Curve and the Storm will both need the BlackBerry Data Plan for your best experience... and required functions of the device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Web Experience...Storm vs Curve

rrc1962 wrote:

I should also mention that since I'm no where near my upgrade date with Verizon and can't afford $600 for a phone, I'll be buying on the used market.  I'm not sure if I can add insurance on a phone not purchased through Verizon.  If I have issues and can't get support from Verizon, that could be a problem.

Read this information in the link below for buying a used BlackBerry (any model) off eBay or anywhere, even from a friend. Ask the right questions first.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Buying_a_BlackBerry_off_eBay

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code