Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
luvthemtorts
My Device: Not Specified

What in the world is SMS and MMS?

[ Edited ]

Little add on to my initial question.

What in the world is SMS and MMS? I have an icon that shows them yet all I can figure out is it is some type of messaging service.

A few questions

1. What is the difference between the two?

2. When sending something from the application does the reply show in that icon?

3. Is this similar to Google Talk where it is not detailed on my billing statement? I have unlimited data but once again do not want it showing to who they were sent or received from.

Thank you again for your time and patience.

EDIT: Title.

Message Edited by MohA on 02-19-2009 11:48 AM
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
PhoenixGI
My Device: Storm - 9530

Re: What in the world is SMS and MMS?

Basicly SMS is text messaging, and MMS is Media messeging (i.e. sending pictures)

I think SMS and MMS share the same Icon when you recieve a message.

I think most companies combine MMS and SMS in the bill, Course I remember news of the highly detailed bills the AT&T sent out when the first iPhones came out.  So I suppose it's possibile that a carrier could show them seperately.

luvthemtorts wrote:

Little add on to my initial question.

What in the world is SMS and MMS? I have an icon that shows them yet all I can figure out is it is some type of messaging service.

A few questions

1. What is the difference between the two?

2. When sending something from the application does the reply show in that icon?

3. Is this similar to Google Talk where it is not detailed on my billing statement? I have unlimited data but once again do not want it showing to who they were sent or received from.

Thank you again for your time and patience.

EDIT: Title.

Message Edited by MohA on 02-19-2009 11:48 AM

Please use plain text.