Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

ProBonds318
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

What is the Hover Period?

I have looked thru the forums, the internet and the users guide. Can anyone tell me what the Hover period and the Tap Interva options are in the Screen and Keyboard settting?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: What is the Hover Period?

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I think you will find your answers here!

Try this Kb article: "Configuring Touschscreen options for the Storm".

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17193&sliceId=1&docTy...

Tap Interval, measured in milliseconds, refers to the maximum amount of time that can elapse between each consecutive tap in a double-tap or triple-tap gesture. In this way, Tap Interval is very similar to double-click speed on a computer. For example, if Tap Interval is set to 100 milliseconds, a second tap must land within 100 milliseconds of the first tap for it to be successfully recognized as a double-tap gesture.

Hover Period

Hover Period is also measured in milliseconds. Hover Period determines the amount of time you need to touch the screen, without clicking it, for a hover event. For example, if this is set to 500 milliseconds then you must touch the screen for 500 milliseconds before it is recognized as a hover event.

Swipe Sensitivity

Swipe Sensitivity changes the responsiveness for swipe events when sliding your finger on the screen. For example, setting this field to 6 will make it easier to show or hide the keyboard or to go from picture to picture using a swipe of the finger.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
ProBonds318
My Device: Not Specified

Hey, Thanks guys....that is exactly what I needed to know
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Cool!
I'm glad you have it fixed.
Please resolve the thread so others can find your answer faster.
Thanks,

Bifocals
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.