Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
NewsWorthy
My Device: BlackBerry Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

What's on the horizon?

What is on the horizon for the Storm users?  Is there something new coming within the next 6 months or so?  I need a reason not to jump ship and get the Droid Incredible.  The specs on that phone are really incredible.  I am not bashing at all because I love my BlackBerry but it doesn't stand up to other smartphones on the market in terms of speed, etc...  I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong place.  Any information or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ltolman
My Device: Not Specified

Re: What's on the horizon?

[ Edited ]

I think so. Well that is I think theres gonna be another update to Storm 9530 here in the next month.

If you dont have Viigo; I'd subscribe LOL After reading some BerryReview.com stuff (integrated within Viigo) I've seen a couple new OS updates.

First off tonight says theres a new 5.0 software update; what does it do? I dont know.  When will it be? I'd say within the month; its "leaked" out right now.

Later down the road; RIM wants to implement OS 6.0; now bout the only thing that stood out was the "pinch to zoom" feature.  Yes thats right; pinch to zoom thats already on the android 2.1 OS will eventually come to the Blackberry Storm.

Believe me; I'm extremely hungry for this Incredible as well, lol heck I even have a picture of the incredible as my desktop wallpaper.  Sadly I just have to be patient, and hope that I can make it til November 2010 as my so called contract is up in which I will have a 50 dollar credit towards the purchase of a new phone (Verizon-USA).  HTCs incredible is definitely among my top list to change off from Storm 9530; that or an HTC Imagio but anywho I did see that were getting some software enhancements soon. (I hope)

**PS: Just read that Blackberry OS 6 might be coming Third Quarter of 2010** (ie Novish)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NewsWorthy

I am not currently on Viigo but I will certainly check it out.  Thank you very much.  I have read quite a few of the other blogs that I frequent and have heard all the excitement about OS 6.0.  It leads me to believe that it may be introduced on a new device (just my speculation) but there is no way to be sure.  I am actually more interested in hardware than software.  I do have faith in RIM's software updates because my Storm is a completely different animal than it was when I first got it as a result of software updates.  Software however can only do as much as the hardware is capable of handling. 

A simple side by side comparison in a Verizon Store of the Storm2 to the currently available Droid shows just how much slower the Storm is.  I am eligible for my last $100 NE2 in June.  I would be more than willing to wait a couple, even a few months if I knew there was something coming up that would even come close to the specs of the Incredible.  Please, please, please RIM, send us a Storm3 packed with some extra lightning and thunder.  Otherwise, my Storm chasing days may come to an end sooner than later.

Thank you very much for your input Itolman.  I certainly appreciate it.

Anyone else have any insight or even speculation?

~ NewsWorthy ~

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NewsWorthy

Has anyone here seen the video released by RIM yesterday of BlackBerry 6?  What did you think?

In my opinion, I could have done with a little less of the dancing in the background.  It does however give a small glimmer of hope (Very Small) that a new touchscreen device will be released with the new software much like they did with the release of the Storm2.

~ News Worthy ~

Please use plain text.