Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
Susanology
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Why does the Red Light at the top keep flashing?

I deleted MyBuzz.

It's not done it since.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
doctibby
My Device: Not Specified

Its Weather bug.  My red light flashes when I receive a weather alert.  So check there.  Once you click on the alert it should go away.

Hope this helps

Doc

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.

Like it said in earlier posts, there can be a number of reasons. Mine happened because of my Voice Mail. Had a VM, called in to listen to it and hung up as soon as I was done listening. The red light was flasing and I had the icon on the screen. My carrier told me that when I`m done, I shouldn`t JUST hang up. I should press the " * " key on the keypad. That resets the Voice Mail before hanging up. No more red light, no more VM icon.   

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sankhamggamage
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9530

I have the same problem too but when I do a battery pull or I empty my SMS inbox it goes away!!

Please use plain text.
ab123
My Device: curve

i had this problem, i solved it by a update on blackberry app world , i clicked update :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MsCheeks
My Device: Bold 9900

The same thing happens for me. I learnt something new today and when my red light started flashing I did it and a error message was logged at the same time it started flashing. only thing I can sugesst follow the steps below see if you also get a error message and call your carrier to see if they can help resolve. on the bb press and hold the "aA" and at the same time press "lglg". this will bring up the even log.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MsCheeks
My Device: Bold 9900

Just a correction to my last message its the "alt" button you have to hold down, and also once I cleared the log the red light stopped flashing.
Please use plain text.
mattydezza
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Try Going to Options

Screen/Keyboard

Then turn LED Coverage Indicator ON/OFF

Please use plain text.
vanessa_bz
My Device: Bold 9780

I have the same problem from time to time and can't figure out why. The only way I'm able to get rid of it without rebooting my device is by clearing the event log a couple of times (you pull it up by hitting alt then lglg). Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
ckjckjckj
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

I really need a lot of help. I've sent in my phone for repair and just got it back recently. Up till now the LED has been blinking when I have cleared all my notifications. WHY? It's a new phone I received and it has been giving me this type of problem since the first one i got. Both of them are Bold 9900s. Do leave some advice for me.

Please use plain text.