Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Visitor
Seamore4
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 2

WiFi shows connected, but Browser will not connect to the Internet

I am new to this Community.  I have a BlackBerry Storm 2 9550  3G CDMA WiFi OS v5.0.0.1015 Bundle 1656.  This phone was with Verizon previously and I have no present carrier.  I want to take this phone to Europe to work WiFi and possibly a European Sim Card.  I worked with Verizon and the phone is unlocked.  I took it to Verizon, and they, as I had done, connected to a WiFi network (ID above clock in white), data and roaming turned off, and received a "success"  on setting up.  I noticed the "WiFi" symbol is a dull white, as opposed to the network name which is bright white.   I go to the browser and it allows me to put in a URL, but when I try to go there, "Internet is not available, check with provider".  The browser is set to Hotspot.    I have removed the battery to no avail, and have done a security wipe, but the results are the same.  Is there a setting I am missing, or something else basic I have overlooked?  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: WiFi shows connected, but Browser will not connect to the Internet

Hello Seamore4

Please check the Articles below on some explanation and resolutions about this issue.

BlackBerry smartphone does not authenticate to the BlackBerry Infrastructure over Wi-Fi when there i...

Firewall and connection requirements for access to the BlackBerry Infrastructure using Wi-Fi technol...

Goodluck

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.