Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Wipe Media Card Clean

To wipe the media card clean:

Options, Memory, and when memory screen comes up hit blackberry menu key.  There is an option to Format the media card.  That will wipe music, pictures, etc. stored there clean.

Now, back in the box...  see ya' all later, not sure what I am coming back from the Verizon store with!

Solutions: 6,096
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Wipe Media Card Clean

Just remove the media card and keep it, and the install it in the whatever you come back with.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

im trying to format my memory/media card because i have transfered it from my old phone (blackberry curve 8520) to my new phone (blackberry bold 9900) but whenever i try and format it it says it has failed. so i took it to carephone warehouse today and they told me to plug it into my laptop and delete everything, but when ive deleted everything and then unplugged my phone from the laptop everything just restores, so the formating still wont work. can you help me?

Solutions: 6,096
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

After unplug your phone from the laptop, leave it powered on and remove and replace the battery. Now look atnthe media card contents.
It takes that battery pull reboot to clear the cache contents, rescan the media card and to self delete the thumbnails associated with it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

alicebinns123 wrote:

im trying to format my memory/media card because i have transfered it from my old phone (blackberry curve 8520) to my new phone (blackberry bold 9900) but whenever i try and format it it says it has failed. so i took it to carephone warehouse today and they told me to plug it into my laptop and delete everything, but when ive deleted everything and then unplugged my phone from the laptop everything just restores, so the formating still wont work. can you help me?

Duplicate:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/help-me-format-my-memory-card/m-p/2025963#nob...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

i dont understand what you mean

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

alicebinns123 wrote:

i dont understand what you mean

To which post above are you directing that statement? If mine, then my post is merely a statement of fact...you've got an entire thread going on your issue, so no need to clutter the forums with duplicates of the same issue. Best to work only over there in your own thread.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates