Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
JerseyACT
My Device: Not Specified

Wrong alert sounds

Hello All!

I have a weird, but not overwhelmingly urgent, issue with my BB Storm. I have set a specific ring tone for SMS messages from a specific contact in my contact list. However, I have recently begun receiving SMS messages from Facebook (which I had requested) and it is now using the same ringtone for those messages. I have tried to change the ringtone for the Facebook alerts, but it shows the default tone (but palsy the other tone). 

I have even tried to change the special tone for the specific contact, but it seems like whatever I change it to, the Facebook SMS messages use the same one. I have tried battery pops too, to no avail. I feel as though I am starting to go a little crazy and I am wondering if anyone else has run across the same problem. 

Oh yeah, my Twitter alerts seems to be doing the same thing. Is this just something about 3rd party alerts and if so, how do I change it? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Blackberry Storm has become a useful business tool, but it doesn't keep my office clean. For that, I turn to an outstanding San Diego janitorial services company.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mr_lopez

Re: Wrong alert sounds

Hi,

Any luck with this issue. I'm also having this problem and I do have Facebook installed as well. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kiwicalifornia
My Device: Storm 9530, OS 5.0.0.328, VZW

Hi..I also have this issue but not with facebook
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JerseyACT

I haven't gotten any feedback, but this is what I have figured out.

It seems as though any of my Facebook or Twitter alerts/updates are signaled using whichever was the last alert sound used. So, if I had received a text from someone with their own alert and then a Twitter or Facebook alert comes in, it uses that alert. If I just received a text or email using the general alert sounds and then get a Twitter or Facebook update, it uses the general alert. Not sure yet if there is a way to change this since these alerts come in as a text, but are actually more like feeds. If I come up with a solution other than - this is how it goes - then I will let you know. :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Blackberry Storm has become a useful business tool, but it doesn't keep my office clean. For that, I turn to an outstanding San Diego janitorial services company.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
patriciamsp
My Device: Blackberry Storm II 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Has this issue had any updates?

My problem is a bit different but only slightly.

I have SMS alerts for the few people that I text with set to a different tone than the default.  This way I can tell when the text is from a person or from facebook.  It worked for a while, now it is back to all SMS being the same alert, the default one.  In other words, my custom settings are not working for SMS.

Has anyone had any success with fixing this?

I just deleted facebook to see if that will help and am about to find out.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
patriciamsp
My Device: Blackberry Storm II 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Deleting facebook didn't work.

Please use plain text.