Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
jlee
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Yellow Globe Icon

Hi,

I've been seeing a yellow color globe like icon on where the missed call icon would usually appear on. It appeared right after i requested for Tones from Vodafone service.

How can i get rid of that icon? Anyone able to shed some lights here?

Thanks.

Jackson

Super Contributor
highrange101
My Device: VZW Storm 9530 OS. 4.7.0.148

Re: Yellow Globe Icon

Try a battery pull with device on..  Put battery back in and wait thru reboot...  once restarted it should be gone..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to resolve your thread.
Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer!
Please click Kudo's for those who provided help. Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trusted Contributor
dbc0919

It is a browser notification.  To clear the notification, go to the main message folder, press menu, view folders, and go to the wap push messages, clear it.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=9500&message.id=17157&query.id=173697...

Super Contributor
highrange101
My Device: VZW Storm 9530 OS. 4.7.0.148

AHHH!!!  i didn't know that myself... I have never recived one of them....  But now I know   

Thanks

Please remember to resolve your thread.
Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer!
Please click Kudo's for those who provided help. Thanks
New Contributor
jlee

ahh... got it! thank you very much guys!

cheers,

Jack

Ajaccio

Even after clearing WAP push messages my yellow globe still appears to be there. Hmm. What's the beef?
energymike
My Device: Storm2 - 9550

It wasn't in the WAP Push folder.  You need to check the rest of the folders if this first suggestion fails.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

energymike wrote:

It wasn't in the WAP Push folder.  You need to check the rest of the folders if this first suggestion fails.

this solution works, but I'd rather let the BlackBerry do the search for me !

home screen >> messages application >> menu >> search

do a search for messages of all types, in all folders, that are unread.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
lars-tech
My Device: 9550

Hello, I had the same "globe icon" won't clear - couldn't find what is for problem for awhile also.  It seemed no applications or messages of any kind had anything to do with it.   However I learned it is a "Browser Push Message."  I was able to clear it by using steps posted by another user, but just under a different folder.  That is this: 

Start with your "Home/Default Screen"  1. Press the BB Menu button/Bring up your main menu

2. Scroll to the "View Folder" item on your main menu and open that.  3.  Open / choose the "Browser Push Message" folder.  On my phone it was at the top of the folders list. 

From there you can select and use the message or delete contents of the folder, etc.  Once I used the message the "Golden Globe Icon" with the number next to it cleared - finally!  Another great use of an hour or two to find this out and fix it....(:smileyembarrassed:)

Regular Contributor
diesel86diesel
My Device: bold9700