Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,845
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: YouTube Adds TV Shows, Movies!!!

Of course EVDO is slower than WiFi, yea.

I think your words are all about semantics... experiences are personal, and do vary. I am not on EVDO, either, so you can't tell me what my experience is, right? So relative or personal... it does vary.

You've taken yours back, right? I have not. Mine is working well on the Storm. It could be a lot better on WiFi, and is (on my Bold and 8900), but it certainly works, and works quite decently.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dave1812dave
My Device: Storm

Re: YouTube Adds TV Shows, Movies!!!

I guess my point was that Verizon's data network is too slow for me.  :smileyhappy:  I can't enjoy using the BB for internet and streaming media.  Like I said, I KNEW it would be slower than wifi, but I had no clue it was going to be soooooo slow.  Waiting more than 30 seconds for a web page to pop up just doesn't cut it.

Yes, I returned it, but that's not to say I might not consider the Storm 2, even with the slow network.  I will have to consider the value proposition of having a great phone for messaging and email, but on a system that yields poor internet/media delivery speeds.  Is LTE going to fix all that ??

I was simply trying to relate my experience with the product, which includes the network that I am on, Verizon. If the Storm had better software and I had a carrier with faster data speeds, I'd be one happy camper. :smileyhappy:  Then again, I MIGHT be a happy camper if I get the Pre, but I'm not taking any bets on that one. Emen afterI see it in the flesh, there's always the issue of how good is Sprint's coverage for both voice and data, at the locales that I visit...

Dave
Please use plain text.