Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

YouTube Adds TV Shows, Movies!!!

[ Edited ]

YouTube has added TV Shows and Movies to its web-site!!!

Now, we can watch TV Shows & Movies, directly on YouTube's web-site!!!

TV Shows

Movies

(But there is no mobile site, yet.)
Message Edited by Dankees on 04-17-2009 09:27 AM
Solutions: 6,152
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: YouTube Adds TV Shows, Movies!!!

I read, its very nice!

I use the mobile site very often... m.youtube.com

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor

Yeah, but we can't watch the TV Shows or Movies on our BlackBerries... :smileysad:
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)

Dankees wrote:
Yeah, but we can't watch the TV Shows or Movies on our BlackBerries... :smileysad:

It appears that YouTube.com/shows does not have a mobile version of the site.  If you change your Browser Config to Firefox or IE, does it work then?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm

[ Edited ]
the youtube experience on my Storm was atrocious.  Lousy video quality (not the phone's fault, but a bandwidth issue).  If I want to watch fluid and clear youtube videos (mostly music videos) I use my Touch on wifi.  Once you have seen how good YT video can look on other portable devices, you'll quickly lose enthusiasm for bothering to view them on a Storm.  And that's a real shame, because the Storm's screen is far better than the Touch when it comes to contrast and color.  I placed some movie files on my Storm and they look fantastic.  Couple that with the loud speaker (compared to the wimpy Touch speaker) and you've got yourself a great little movie player.
Message Edited by dave1812dave on 04-17-2009 08:40 AM
Dave
Solutions: 6,152
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

It's all personal experience.. apparently. I have good quality on mine. Personal experiece.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor

Yeah, does it work in IE or FireFox?
Developer

Not a very good choice of shows.
I can view live tv with orb.com
I just install it on my pc and it will stream to my BB.
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Is there any way to watch full show episodes or movies that doesn't require downloading something to a PC? I don't have a personal computer...just the BB Storm. Thanks! :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm

[ Edited ]
J, I think of it more as "relative" rather than simply personal preference.  IF you saw better performance from a youtube app on another device, you would throw rocks at the youtube/BB function.  It's not in the same ballpark.  The screen however, is far nicer than that of a Touch or iPhone.  The youtube videos streaming over the Verizon network are HORRID, and I am not exaggerating.  I bandwidth issue, obviously, just like the issue with Pandora on the BB.  It is a pale imitation of Pandora on the Touch, over wifi.  A Pandora rep even TOLD me that the day the app hit, in a personal email to me.  It's not like I am making this stuff up.  There's only so much quality that we can get over the EVDO and it sure doesn't rival the media experience over a fast wifi connection.  For $60 a month for the data plan for phones for me and my wife, I was not a happy camper seeing the limitations in quality of streaming media and the internet which is painful to browse via the phone.  I knew going in, it would be slower than wifi, but I had no idea just how long pages would take to load.
Message Edited by dave1812dave on 04-17-2009 02:58 PM
Dave