Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
joelrstevens
My Device: Not Specified

Your memory card may cause your phone to constantly reboot. (JVM error/White Screen of Death)

If you have issues with your phone constantly power cyciling on and off, It may not be the phone. A corrupt memory card may be the culprit. To test this, Remove your micro SD from the back of the device then reboot your phone. If the phone power up as normal, remove the battery door and place the SD in the phone while it is still powered on. If the device reboots itself, then you can bet it's the card. To solve the issue, you should put your SD in a card reader and attatch it to your PC. Click computer> left click the drive letter of your card reader>click properties>format> checkmark quick format option>ok. This WILL erase all content on your SD. However, you can put the SD back into the phone and from the storm hit setup>options>memory>then hit the BB key>format>media card. You will now be able to use the phone as usual again.
JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Your memory card may cause your phone to constantly reboot. (JVM error/White Screen of Death)

Good advice.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
storm376
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Your memory card may cause your phone to constantly reboot. (JVM error/White Screen of Death)

my storm has been doing this since i got it, but i had the same memory card in my curve and never rebooted? could it still  be it?
New Contributor
Natzy89
My Device: blackberry 8520

Hi,

I get white screen constantly, have never done this before I changed to a new network. Could my simcard cause software malfunctions in the blackberry 8520 or can it be the SD card?