Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Developer
My Device: 9550

Re: answering the phone with the answer button on the phone screen

I personally love the phone it has some bugs and some times slow but for the most part its very powerful. I do 99% of my work on the storm from email to calls and has saved me many hours a week having it. With any new product and software there are going to be issues but when the rubber hits the road BB will correct it over time. They just don't have a magic wand and wave it and the bugs are fixed with every fix in software one fix can cause something else to go wrong so it takes time to get it right. I would rather wait and have it rite than have a quick fix and have it 1/2 fast. Just my opinion.
James s Jezierski
Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Its hard to show love for the phone when a guy with an I-phone laughs at you for something as simple as not being able to hit the onscreen talk button to answer a phone call...

i understand that its a new phone and that new s/w f/w will be released... however, some things, like answering a phone call on a phone, are too trivial to look past... this is inexcusable.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Don't feel bad about the iPhone guys... they're secretly just jealous Smiley Tongue.  Or more likely, they've become so wrapped up in their little worlds that they forget the iPhone had a bunch of problems when it first came out too (it seems so ridiculously easy for them to forgive Apple for all their mistakes Smiley Tongue).

BlackBerrys are crackberrys, but iPhones have a completely different type of cult following (very typical for Apple, although I'm still unable to comprehend why when you consider features like a non-replaceable battery (and thus a dead phone by the time your contract ends), etc).

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

amchuu wrote:

Its hard to show love for the phone when a guy with an I-phone laughs at you for something as simple as not being able to hit the onscreen talk button to answer a phone call...

Are you weak in your mind?

I do understand your disappointment. I also think it's a problem that hopefully will be fixed.

But Apple iPhone owners have neither a click screen, not a 4:3 screen, can't copy/paste, and are not allowed to use a landscape keyboard for email, nor are allowed to use a ringtone that has not been approved by Apple.
They can't listen to stereo music with Bluetooth.
They can't receive MMS.
They can't take videos.
The camera is worse than on a $30 phone.
Even Google couldn't do things right with the synchronization of GoogleMail contacts.
And Opera did not have the authorization to publish their Opera Mini for iPhone.

so they have plenty of reasons not to love their iPhone device.

That does not lower the importance of your issue, but that does not raise it either.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: