Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
mslt
My Device: Not Specified

cant change ringtone on bb storm

IM GETTING DESPERATE NOW..

ok, so this is a used phone but this problem has to be from factory.. I CANT CHANGE THE RINGTONE nor any other notification sound for messages or whatever, i try changing it on the profile menu and stuff, from the sound profiles and the set ring tones/alerts.. DOESNT WORK it stayes with the default sound.. then i tried with each contact.. doesnt work either.. tried resetting the phone, doesnt work either.. i even created a custom profile and DIDNT WORK.. so pleeeeaseee i really need a solution.. THANKS!

Trusted Contributor
KingCobra
My Device: Storm 9530, Verizon, 5.0.0.419

Re: cant change ringtone on bb storm

When you change the ringtone, or other notification sounds, did you press the Blackberry button (a list pops up), then press SAVE? It happened to me when I first got my Storm.
New Contributor
lufeba

Hello, same thing here... can't change anything, even hitting the SAVE button...please help!!
Contributor
My Device: Storm 2

When changing the ringtone through Sounds/Set Ringtones and Alerts/Phone...try changing it to the tone you want and press Try It, and see what songs plays. If it plays the one you want, hit menu and save. Then press Try It again, if it still plays.

Then try calling the phone. If another tone plays...it may be an issue with the device.

Change your ring tone 1. In the sounds application, click Set Ring Tones/Alerts. 2. Click the application or item that you want to change. 3. Perform one of the following actions: • To use a preloaded ring tone, in the Ringtone field, click a ring tone.• To use a ring tone that you downloaded, in the Ringtone field, click Browse. Navigate to a folder that contains ring tones. Click a ring tone. 4. Press the Menu key. 

5. Click Save.

New Contributor
lufeba

Done that, the thing is when I press the "Try it", I have no sound, I DO see the led flashing but I can't hear anything.
New Contributor
Wolly

Don’t know if you found the solution to your problem yet. I had the same with my Blackberry Storm but yesterday I solved it by updating my OS from 4.0.7.141 to 4.0.7.148. I found a document on Crackberry (New MR2 Submission (4.7.0.148)) Describing that this problem was solved in the .148 version of the OS; 

Enhancements to prevent some occurrences where when a user would try to create a custom profile and browse through the tones, the device would not play preview sounds. If the user clicked on the TRY button, it would not play the preview sound. 

Don’t know if you’re running version .141 but maybe this is worth trying.  

Hope I could be of any assistance.