Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
ipohsam
My Device: storm2 9520
Accepted Solution

device constantly rebooting - storm 9520

hello my dear forums support team,i have a issue on my blackberry storm 9520.a page fault appears when blackberry browser launching a web page.the device went to reboot constantly.but on the other hands when i launched the opera mini web browser everything works perfect.can someone please tell me what is wrong with my phone.i guest might be the software conflict or some files is missing????? RIM u need to do more better.......u r far more behind from others...

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: device constantly rebooting - storm 9520

Hello ipohsam,

Perform a reload or upgrade your BlackBerry Device Software to address the issue with your BlackBerry smartphone rebooting. For more information on this procedure see the following article:

How to update or reinstall BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software:
http://bbry.lv/NWPC6y

In the case that this process fails to resolve the issue, please contact your point of sale for options.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ipohsam

hello fozzie bear.

thanks for posting me some of your thoughfull guieden advice......but it does not help at all.this bloody BBerry phone very complicated...!! # you need a sufficient active data plan to go along.if not the default blackberry browser will not retrive any web page.how good is this phone made for??????.when i installed mini opera.it went like a bullet train.works perfectly.no worry at all.i wonder why R.I.M.never take a deep look at it when somebody try to tell them the issue happened on their product.maybe i should look for other brands.give it up blackberry got so many issue can not solve the resolution...!!!!?????

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

Well...things are what they are...

ipohsam wrote:

you need a sufficient active data plan to go along.if not the default blackberry browser will not retrive any web page.

With older OS levels (which, being an EOL product, is all that your 9520 can have), there indeed was a restriction on the native browser requiring subscription to an adequate data plan in order to use the browser, even via WiFi. That's just the way it was. With newer OS levels (only available, quite naturally, to newer non-EOL products), that restriction has been removed, and the browser can be used with WiFi only and no associated data plan. I wish it were different...but it is not.

BlackBerry devices indeed are very complicated...they were not really made for the casual user who depended on things to be simple and easy. And that's especially true for older device models, like yours is. Sadly, being an older and EOL device, there is no newer OS level available and hence, none of the newer easier to use features are available for that model.

I wish the situation were better for you, but sadly it is not, and is a consequence of choosing such an old and EOL device.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ipohsam

yeah as you said is right.i agree,but its only a 3 years old phone.no wonder you dont see many pepole perchase this phone on market,because it is suck and not a good seller in anyway else.i think its time to change the vendor name to R.I.P.instead of RIM.
Please use plain text.