Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
Laureus
My Device: Not Specified

does anyone's storm physical screen actually move?

this is a little hard to describe, but the physical screen on my storm moves slightly from side to side or from top to bottom. i'm just curious if this is normal? i was thinking its probably due to the tapping/clicking, but i just got this phone 2 days ago...is it like this for anyone else??
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
krazyrob1

Re: does anyone's storm physical screen actually move?

its normal, others might say its not, but it is normal.... it has to move a little for the screen to click in. Their are going to be other people posting ( jeff :smileywink:) who will say it should not move, but it does it on all of them.
" if you can't weather a storm, then you shouldn't have one"
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I have seen others here mention that issue. Does it affect your ability to use the device?

Mine also only ever so slightly moves like you describe, but it doesn't bother me. It is afterall a touch-click screen. 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GavinKemp
My Device: Storm - 9500 - Vodafone

Hi,

I was told that it's perfectly normal for the screen to do this.

The screen floats on switches and sensors to allow the "click" you get when you press the screen.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Laureus

no, it doesn't affect the performance of the phone/clicking/tapping. i was just curious since i just got the phone. i do have the 30 day return/exchange policy & just needed to know if was the same for other people. if it is/was a physical problem, i cld still go a verizon store and get a replacement. :~)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lindsay_rbarr

Hmm....I'm wondering now if my phone is NOT normal because my screen doesN'T move. It presses down when I click on it because of the tough/click function, but my screen doesn't like move side to side or anything like everyone else is describing...

Any input?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
alonfed

It's definitely normal. I raised the issue on the forums last week, when I received mine. I am on my second Storm. The first one had a screen that was actually loose and clacking around. So, I returned it. All the ones I looked at (and it's even mentioned in a review or two) have screens which move a bit. It's just not supposed to be loose.
Please use plain text.