Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

My Device: Not Specified

how to change email password ONLINE

i changed my email password and i want to do it online.. how and where do I go?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: how to change email password ONLINE

go to the website of your email provider.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Not Specified

I meant to ask - how do I change my password so that I get my messages on my blackberry but how do you do it online????  What is the website url??  Thanks!!
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi. I'm sorry, but your inquiry remains unclear. There are many methods by which a BB can receive email...so just saying email is not sufficient. Are you using BIS, BES, or an add-on email client? If you are using BIS, you can find the proper website for your carrier by following this link.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F

But, that still will only give you access to the BIS account (which is mererly a conduit and not an email provider per se)...if you want to change the password on your actual email account, you have to go to your email provider for assistance. But, if you are attempting to set up BIS to access your email and push it to your Storm, the above link is the place to go. Also, see this next link for more information.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10154&slic...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Verizon

There is only one thing more frustrating that trying to change your email password on your blackberry on line and that is reading useless replies to a question that you post on line.  Dude's if you don't know the answer, why bother!!??

To change your email password on line you do need to know that address.  Let me tell you how I do it with Verizon and hopefully that will assist you..

I go to www.blackberry.com/go/vzw  where, vzw is Verizon

I enter my user name and password, which obviously you need to set up ahead of time if you don't already have one - may need the PIN for you phone.

That's it!

I can see all my emails and I can Edit them

HTH

Karen

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Look what KarenDNH has to say about sdgardne and Xandrex:

"There is only one thing more frustrating that trying to change your email password on your blackberry on line and that is reading useless replies to a question that you post on line."

You've been here a day and you're already mouthing off to arguably two of the most knowledgeable posters here.

You won't last long around here with an attitude like that.  As soon as you have a few thousand posts under your belt, we might cut you some slack.  Until then, keep your mouth shut if you can't show more respect than that.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

[ Edited ]

Hey KarenDNH!

Individuals like Xandrex, sdgardne, Bill and others are helping posters to resolve their query. In doing so at time additional questions need to be asked for clarification. You mentioned VZW as you're using their services and ONLY know about VZW!! Where as sdgardne provided a complete picture... as the OP didn't mention his carrier name! sdgardne posted the first link which contains all the carriers online BIS postal which more comprehensive then yours!

I know you're free to choose your own words...but be respectful while choosing words for others. They are dedicated and respected for their contribution to the forum and love for awesome  'BlackBerry' device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

KarenDNH wrote:

Dude's if you don't know the answer, why bother!!??

We do that just to discover new stars. As this song that Mariah Carey sang not so recently :

And then a hero comes along
With the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive
So when you feel like hope is gone
Look inside you and be strong
And you finally see the truth
That a hero lies in you

KarenDNH, thanks to sdgardne and Xandrex, on March 12th 2011 you were the hero of the day !

Congratulations.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
My Device: Torch 9500
My Carrier: Movistar