Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
naqi10
My Device: Verizon Blackberry Storm 2

i cant get incoming calls on my storm 2

when some one calls me on my blackberry storm 2 that person gets a message that "the number you have dailed is currently out of reach or switched off" where as on the other hand my blackberry storm 2 is switched on and nothing appears on my blackberry storm 2 that there is an incomming call or some thing else ....... am very tensed about this problem and its irritating alot please if any one knows a solution to this problem then let me know thank u

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: i cant get incoming calls on my storm 2

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness shows up, the first thing to try is a proper reboot:

• Pre-BB10 Devices ONLY. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.

See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

However...what you did not say is if any other functions work fine. Can you make outgoing calls? Can you retrieve voice messages? Can you send/receive SMS?

In any event, it is most likely that you will need to ring up your service provider for formal support on this. After all, it is their network with which your device is having difficulty communicating.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
naqi10

yes i also tried by restarting the device when i do that then i am able to recieve an incomming call for some time and then again after a long period the same problem again and yes i am able to recieve sms text , emails, voice mails and am also able to make out going calls any time but the problem is with the incomming calls i am really fed up with this problem

Please use plain text.
Contributor
naqi10

Yes Yes when i am making outgoing calls then a message appears on the screen saying "congestion" and a busy tone is heard and call disconnects what is this ??

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

naqi10 wrote:

Yes Yes when i am making outgoing calls then a message appears on the screen saying "congestion" and a busy tone is heard and call disconnects what is this ??

That means exactly what it says...congestion (high volume of traffic) on your carrier network, preventing you from receiving full service. But that's a problem with your mobile service providers network, not your device. I remain with my prior suggestion that you ring up your mobile provider for formal support.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
naqi10

Thnkx for the help problem solved :smileywink: thnk u ... u were right :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are very welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
naqi10

hi sdgardne i have again updated my software of storm 2 and now again uts giving the same congestion promblem when i am making any out going calls and on incomming calls its says the no is switched off but when i restart the cell phone only then i am able to make one outgoing and one incomming after 1 time it again comes to the congestion error last time i had to renew the software from a mobile shop and it costed alot ...... asme was the case last time i updated the cellphones software and the error started to appear and upon ur advise i contacted my service provider but there was no prob with the service the probelem was with my storm 2 and when i took it to the mobile shop even they didint understand the problem and they had to renew the software which costed me quiet expensive .... and now i again accidently updated the software due to the app error 200 or 220 and here am again with this congestion error please if u have any solution to the problem then please let me know :'( :'(

Please use plain text.
Contributor
naqi10

Please can some one help me am tired of this problem :Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

naqi10 wrote:

hi sdgardne i have again updated my software of storm 2 and now again uts giving the same congestion promblem when i am making any out going calls and on incomming calls its says the no is switched off but when i restart the cell phone only then i am able to make one outgoing and one incomming after 1 time it again comes to the congestion error last time i had to renew the software from a mobile shop and it costed alot ...... asme was the case last time i updated the cellphones software and the error started to appear and upon ur advise i contacted my service provider but there was no prob with the service the probelem was with my storm 2 and when i took it to the mobile shop even they didint understand the problem and they had to renew the software which costed me quiet expensive .... and now i again accidently updated the software due to the app error 200 or 220 and here am again with this congestion error please if u have any solution to the problem then please let me know :'( :'(

So, we've gone from the initial problem, to problem solved, to problem returned. I can't really understand your post here...the complete lack of punctuation is just too difficult to understand. But, I think that whatever you did to have your prior "problem solved" result, do it again. Since, as far as I can tell, this is a carrier problem, only they can solve it...no one here is your carrier. Only your carrier is your carrier.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.