Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: storm 9500
My Carrier: o2

lost wifi on storm2

i have the storm 2 9520.Has been fine untill a couple of days ago.Now i have no wifi even though it says i am connected but there is no tick.I have done a soft reset and full battery pull more then once and even wiped the phone but i still have no wifi.Even tried a different supplier but that is doing same thing.Wifi is greyed out

I am now lost i have no idea what to do or how this can just happen.Any help would be most welcome as its a real pain without it

New Contributor

Re: lost wifi on storm2

since losing wifi i keep getting an annoying pop up message that has ..you are attempting to open a secure connectionbut the servers certificate chain is invalid.. then i have 4 options continue.close connection.view certificate,trust certificate. i have no idea what this is but when i view it it displays lots of info i dont get.

when i trust it i get Key store access.The following application is requesting access to your handheld key store.please enter the key store password  which i have no idea again what this is as i have never had to do this.

Vender name RIM

Application name net-rim-services-impl

the other thing i have noticed but not sure if thats an issue or not is on 

manage connections

service status

BB enterprise server..not connected.

this is now becoming a real pain i am starting to get very fed up with it .trying to do app world is like trying to swim through mud.

Any help would be very helpful as yet again BB is just letting me down

New Contributor

servers certificate chain is invalid.