Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
lpmedic39
My Device: Not Specified

phone locking up

[ Edited ]

My storm has been freezing up on my every now and then.  Has happened about a dozen times since I got it back in Dec.  Anyone else having this issue?  only thing that fixes it is pulling out the battery and restarting the phone.

g.

Message Edited by lpmedic39 on 01-19-2009 03:27 PM
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: phone locking up

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Can you narrow it down to a specific set of circumstances that occur each time?

For example while you are on a call and get an email, or when you use two apps

together? Maybe we can pinpoint a problem area.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
jamrightthen

I received my phone in december and here are the current issues I have with it.  For one, It locks up when I take pictures and send people them by mms.  When I download pictures it locks up.  Also sometimes when I am talking to people The phone screen turns blue and I can't see the buttons to turn speakerphone on eventhough I can access it with the blackberry button.  When I take pictures there is a 2 to 4 second delay before the picture will take after I push the button.  Also when I am talking on the phone sometimes the buttons lock up and when I push them nothing happens.  I have went to verizon about this then tell me to just take the battery out every time.  I really don't like taking my battery out every other time.  I did the software update that verizon had seems to help some.  Also when I use the keyboard to type if it is set on numbers on the navigator it will type numbers and vise versa and I have to take batter out for this.  Verizon won't do anything about this can you help blackberry.

Cory 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

jamrightthen wrote:

"Verizon won't do anything about this can you help blackberry".

Just to be clear, this is a user to user site.

We are all users just like yourself, this is not Blackberry technical support, OK?

As far as the camera, mine has a delay between pressing the button and taking the picture as well.

On the keyboard make sure that the lock symbol is not on !?123 key.

As for the rest there doesn't seem to be a pattern. Keep an eye on your application memory,

make sure you use the "close" feature in every application when you are through.

I'm sure other users will have input for you as well.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
smith9599

I don't know if this is a cure for the camera but I lowered the resolution and went to the smallest picture size.  The camera 'seems' to react faster, but its hard to tell for sure with this phone.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pink_butterfly

your not alone my phone freezes all the time! i have tried making a call and by the time im able to get to my contacts to even find the person or get to where im able to dial i have already grabbed my fiances phone and dialed and been talking to the person!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Paris_Sappire

OK ... Problem #3.  My phone has been freezing a lot lately and it is soooo aggravating.  It happens when I get messages ... be it SMS or from my e-mail.  It also happen when I switch from locking the screen to attempt to use the phone.  It seems to have a delay and that little clock will show in the upper right hand corner or it'll show in the middle of the phone.  Sometimes if I really need to use the phone right away, I'll just take the battery out or if I'm not in a rush I just give it a minute or 3 and it works.  I am really beginning to not like this phone.  Has anyone heard about BB fixing these problems.  Please let me know.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
geoffreyf
My Device: Storm BB 9530T - Verizon

If you are on Verizon, have you used the *229 procedure to program the phone for the latest and local PRL?   If not, things can get flakey whenever you use the network (such as to send an email or picture).

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
geoffreyf
My Device: Storm BB 9530T - Verizon

I meant *228, sorry.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Paris_Sappire

I'll try it and get back to you and let you know if it works.
Please use plain text.