Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

boneypaul
My Device: storm 9500
My Carrier: etisalat

please help : how to install an application ?

[ Edited ]

i have got BB storm 9500 ...i am a new user,i downloaded some applications like youtube player and opera mini from the getjar site which was given in this forum,dwonloaded file is a ".cod" file,when i tried to to locate it with desktop manger,i am not able to browse it with option application file with .alx ,so i tried selecting all files option,then i get the message

"no additional application designed for your device was found"

what should i do to transfer those application to phone...please help im a new user!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: please help : how to install an application ?

hello,

you have three ways to install an application :

way 1 : OTA (over the air) : you use a data connection and the browser on your BlackBerry to download the install file and after the download it will automatically install the application. that is usually possible by going on the website of the editor (in your case : http://m.youtube.com and http://m.opera.com/ from a technical point of view, your browser will be downloading a file with extension .jad and another file with extension .jar .

way 2 : using a computer : you use a PC (maybe a mac ?) to download a couple of files : ALX/COD. Then you use Desktop Manager and its "Application" module to install the file through Desktop Manager onto your device

way 2 : you install AppWorld on your device, and install applications from AppWorld.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.