Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
raahul_dixxit
My Device: BB storm 9530 v5.0 platform 4.2.0.128
My Carrier: Aircel

problem in bb storm 9530

I am having BB 9530. Recently i have updated the phone software 4.7 to 5.0 after that it hangs up .

I dont have option of drop call or hold in my phone this irritates and also can't do conferencing.

Can anybody help me out with this problem.

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: problem in bb storm 9530

[ Edited ]

Hello raahul,

Perform a reload or upgrade the BlackBerry® Device Software to address the options your are currently missing on your BlackBerry® Storm™ 9530 smartphone. For more information on this procedure see the following article:

How to update or reinstall BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03901

You will need to contact your mobile service provider regarding the Conference feature.

We hope this helps.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raahul_dixxit
My Device: BB storm 9530 v5.0 platform 4.2.0.128
My Carrier: Aircel

Thank you for reverting back to me.

I'll perform the  upgrade as adviced.

If its works will revert back to you.

Can you also tell me so big company and costly handsets have this problem.

The company should take proper steps.

Also at the screen of the phone the innner side is filled with dust how to remove that?

Regards

Rahul Dixit 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Eric_lewis
My Device: non- blackberry user
My Carrier: blackberry

I have multiple issues that I would like someone to please help me with. First off whenever people talk to me they say that it sounds like I am talking under water or in a box. My finger is not in the way of the microphone at all. Second off, every time I answer my phone it changes to landscape mode and changes back and forth between headset speaker and speaker phone during the conversation. Someone please help me...

Eric Lewis
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

for the box voice.
near the keys, there is a little hole, that is where your voice goes from outside into the microphone. Please make sure that the hole is not filled by anything (lint of cloth...)

now, for the landscape mode. It is supposed to have some kind of proximity sensor? Or maybe not.

You need a tool to block the screen orientation. I remember QuickLaunch has such a tool, that you can activate in the menu.

About the ear clicking on the screen, I suggest you find a tool again that when you are in a phone conversation, but I cannot recollect of the name, sorry.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.