Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
sn80
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

problem with my 9550

Hi all!

I have 9550 Storm2  Verizon Unlocked phone. After updating OS i got the unsolvable problem.

The screen is black, any update/downgrade operations will not solve the problem.

Any solutions?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: problem with my 9550

Does the device show any sign of life, such as a blinking red LED at the top right of the BlackBerry?

If you reboot (with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot) what happens?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sn80

The Red LED is blinking.  Touchscreen works, but it's black and  after installing the battery back nothing changes :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

If your BlackBerry stays powered off with a black screen, follow the instructions below. The only indication of life might be the blinking red LED light in the top corner. Nothing seems to wake it up and Desktop Manager doesn't recognize any device is connected.

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sn80

JSanders thanks for help. The problem was with a light sensor. Heh :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
jdf
jdf
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

My BB:  Storm 2, model No. 9550

I have noticed some users have expressed an interest in latest upgrades from RIM for their BB's.  My experience with RIM over the past 12 mos has become increasingly negative.  I do not see feedback in the form of announcements to users.  There are frequent problems with each upgrade, but most can be resolved after expenditure of time and effort to troubleshoot installation problems.

I note that for latest version update considerable numbers of errors occur. I suspect several errors are related to IM applications such as Yahoo mobile, Linkedin and Facebook, which generate Java error msgs and sometimes result in the BB messenger also generating the errors and access unavailable to the BBM module.  I have reinstalled version 5.0.0.1015 three times and downgraded twice back to 5.0.0.713, the more stable version.

The problems that occur with upgrade to .1015 are:  IM modules conflict or fail with Java error messages.  Synch with USB and via Bluetooth fail for outlook address book.  Each upgrade I preceded with wiping memory on my Storm 2 to eliminate possibe influence of other downloaded applications.  The BB Msgr module finally worked on third try, but synch for address book has continued to fail.  I will now be forced to once again downgrade to .713 dan await an newer upgrade.

Jim

Please use plain text.
Remark
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9550
My Carrier: Batelco

Hi,

I'm trying to setup my email, however in the email setup all I'm getting is the option of  " I want to use a work email withe a Blackberry Enterprise Server" Now this is  a phone that is supposed to have Wi Fi Capability so I dont know why its not allowing me any other options to link my emails...

HELP anyone? :smileysad: sighs..

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Remark wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to setup my email, however in the email setup all I'm getting is the option of  " I want to use a work email withe a Blackberry Enterprise Server" Now this is  a phone that is supposed to have Wi Fi Capability so I dont know why its not allowing me any other options to link my emails...

HELP anyone? :smileysad: sighs..

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

To use the proprietary RIM Push email capability, you must have an adequate data plan from your carrier. The carriers host BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) for their BB users. Typically, BIS is not available via generic data plans. Many carriers call what is necessary The Blackberry Data Plan. Whatever they call it, it is the carrier who delivers BIS to their BB users -- contact them for assistance. Once you have a BIS-capable data plan on your BB (at whatever fees your carrier will charge, btw), you will then have Personal Email added to the email setup wizard.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_do_I_need_a_Data_Plan_for%3F

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Remark
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9550
My Carrier: Batelco

hi and thank you.

However will this also affect my bbm capability as well because that is not working either?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Most likely, yes. In that FAQ I linked for you, there are three generic service tiers. Each says what services you get within that tier. The hard part is that, with hundreds of carriers in the world and dozens of data plans each, it's impossible to know what would or would not be enabled in any specific plan. So, you need to decide on the services you desire and then contact your carrier about obtaining a data plan from them that enables the services you want.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.