Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
cpruyne
My Device: Storm 9530 v4.7.0.148
Accepted Solution

"Invalid Account. Please Validate"

I recently had my storm replaced due to an issue with the female connection with the wall charger (it wasn't accepting my car charger or my wall charger.) I am having trouble setting up my gmail account on my phone. I cannot receive emails on my gmail account, and when I go to Email Setup, I get "Invalid Account. Please Validate" in red under my gmail account, and requires my email password again. I type in my password and get 'The application has encountered an error and cannot continue.' (Keep in mind that I have done a battery pull more than once) I figured I might go around this hiccup by going to http://www.blackberry.com/go/vzw and delete the account and add it again there. I successfully deleted it, then upon adding the email I got "user name or password is invalid, if this problem persists please contact your provider (gmail)" but after a few tries I got it added again, but still having the same invalid account problem on my storm..Any suggestions?

BTW my yahoo account is working just fine..

Sorry if that was difficult to understand.. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: "Invalid Account. Please Validate"

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Did you do this sequence?

Check setting are correct in Google.

Delete the Google account from the BB.

Recreate the BIS Gmail account., then logout.

On the BB go to options advanced options, Host Routing Tables, click to enter. DO NOT click on any listing.
Press menu key, and select register now.
You will get a registration message. Then go to email settings and send service books.
Some models like the Curve 8330 and Pearl require logging into the carriers BIS site
via PC.
You will get an verification email for your gmail account.

Verify the device and Gmail are working.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cpruyne
My Device: Storm 9530 v4.7.0.148

You know..I tried all those steps..but not in that specific sequence..that seems to have done the trick..

Thank you very much :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Cool!
I'm glad you have it fixed.
Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
glamisandini
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi Bifocals - Thank you for your post about setting up a gmail account.  I too got a new Storm and was having difficulties and followed your steps and it worked like a charm.  :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Cool!
I'm glad you have it fixed.

Have a great Easter!
Thanks,

Bifocals

Please use plain text.
deaconjeffries
My Device: Not Specified

I am still having this same problem on my 8330 running OS v5. 

I have done everything step by step, yet I still get the same "enable IMAP" error after validating my account.  My IMAP has been turned on for the past several years and has never been turned off. 

Also, I have wiped the phone several times and set up from scratch.

However, I have a second gmail account that is able to send/receive without any problems. 

This is very frustrating as my primary account will not work. HALP!!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
northvibe
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I know this is old, but I just had this issue and it was about to be the death of my BB. From reading people said to try the google cache link, or deleting the account or even wipe the sim card (it does store data). 

I have a BB on a BES and I think with OS6 there is some way the phone keeps information from settings stored. I had my Bold 9700 then had 1 of my gmail accounts passwords change. This freaked the BB out and I got the invalid username/password issue. I changed the password again and I think that fixed it. Then I moved to a used Torch 9800 we had at work. But the siriusxm app did not work on it, so I wanted to go back to the bold 9700. Reactivated the bold on the BES and then when I would activate on the BES my gmail/hotmail accounts were already installed but needed to be verified. I could not verify any of them. They all had the issue. I switched back to the Torch and same issue. I wiped both phones, still nothing. So I deleted my BES account, recreated and reactivated the bold after another wipe. Then was able to setup my gmail again and its working. If you are on a BIS aka with a carrier and not on a BES. I am going to assume you'll have to call your carrier to reset something, or the BES just held the setting data and BIS people may not have that issue. It was a pain and glad I got it. 

Please use plain text.