Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
lloydjones
My Device: blackberry 9520 storm
My Carrier: orange

screen problem

Hi i am a newbie and got very frustrating problems with a 9520;

phone was working ok apart from cracks in screen

fitted new screen all loads up but if you press contacts or any other icon nothing happens, any bottem key nothing happens, have battery pulls many times,have unloaded an loaded software from blackberry site,rebooted many times.

Put old screen back in same problems where as it was working before.

Any help would be appreiated this is driving me mad.thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: screen problem

I have seen new screens that don't work. If you're sure that you plugged everything back in properly you may need to get the new screen replaced.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lloydjones

Thanks it seems that way ill put another new one one ta.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I just read your initial post again. When you put the old screen back in you don't get any response out of the touch screen or buttons? If neither screen works now then either you didn't get everything plugged back in properly or you damaged something during disassembly/reassembly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lloydjones

Quite agree it is bugging me if i have done something wrong have dis- assembled and re- asembled many times looking at it with magnifiying glass,will try again tomorrow from scratch. thanks for the reply.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

It is easy to damage or improperly install the ribbon cables. Did you look close at those?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lloydjones

Will take the phone apart and take more time to rebuild it tomorrow thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lloydjones

Hi to everyone thanks for all replies update  had a new replacement screen and it worked perfect just goes to show even newscreens have their problems

Another question though we a couple of curve in the family with white screen problems has there been a proper fix for this ?

Please use plain text.