Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Zbiggy
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Storm Ringtones Not Working after Latest OS Upgrade

I had the same problem...

Managed a way around it!

It seems to me that the ringtones are still on the phone, however not being accessed from the correct destination folder!

This is what I did...

I selected "Media". In media, I clicked the menu button and selected "explore".

Selected - "System" > "Samples" > "Ringtones"

***You can either do the following for all of the ringtones or just the ones you want to use!***

Highlight the ringtone you want > and click the menu button.

Select "COPY"

A dialog bog will open where in you can move "up" all the way back to the device or media card folders...

Simply copy the selected ringtone to any folder  on you media card or device. AND THATS IT!

Hope it works for you guys!

If you go and and select the specific ringtone as a message or ringtone or email tone, it works 100%.

Please use plain text.
naiiki

Re: software upgrade

I had the same problem after upgraded my BB Storm... I tried many things, but finally I fount the right way... Just doungrade your phone OS by blackberry.com site.. You need to have preinstalled BB desktope software also.

Good luck guys :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Visitor
BAHStorm

BlackBerry Storm Ringtones Not Working after Latest OS Upgrade

The same is happening to me also.It seems like the below features got disabled after I upgraded the OS to v4.7.0.141

Now I am not able to

• customize ring tones,
  • customize caller ring tones and
  • No tone alert for instant messages, mms and Email. 

I even restored the phone to the factory settings, still no hope.  Anyone having an Idea on how to solve this.....

Please use plain text.
Whathe7
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Storm Ringtones Not Working after Latest OS Upgrade

I was having the same problem after upgrading the OS, with my ringtones not playing for my contacts.  Not sure if this problem has been solved for anyone else but I came across this solve that worked for me. Go to Options, Security Options, Encryption, and change - Include Contacts to NO instead of Yes.  Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
ChOpSuEy
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: software upgrade

[ Edited ]

Hey guys can one of you put me in the right direction... I have my IPD file and need to install it in my phone because all of contacts etc etc are all missing off my phone after the latest software update so i need to restore my IPD file but dont know how to do it.... Any help would b e greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Chop!

Please use plain text.
pourriel2010

Re: BlackBerry Storm Ringtones Not Working after Latest OS Upgrade

[ Edited ]

Brilliant - yet so simple (and now obvious). Of course the phone can't read my contacts if they are encrypted.

Explains why my personal tones were working only half the time.

Thanks for the tip!

Please use plain text.