Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
sbudaj
My Device: Not Specified

task app question

I would like a task to show up in the calendar and repeat each day until completed and deleted.

I have tried to create a task with a daily recurrence and have checked the appropriate option for it to show up in the calendar, but it only shows up once. I cannot get the task to reappear the next day even though it remains in the task list and has the proper recurrence options set to recur every day.

Any help?

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
obrienaj
My Device: Not Specified

Re: task app question

and  I would like to ask if the TASK application within the storm can be sync'd with Groupwise 6 ?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
derekh4
My Device: Curve 8900

I believe that you have to mark the first task as "complete" and then it will create another instance of the task at the next recurrence and this will appear on the calendar. If you just want a bunch of events to show up in your calendar for each day you are better to just use a calendar entry.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
derekh4
My Device: Curve 8900

Some extra thoughts ... are any fields in your Task greyed out? Are you on a BES (is it a company BlackBerry)? It is possible for your IT department to disable recurring tasks as part of the BB policy (ours does) so you cannot use the native BB tasks application to perform recurring tasks.

What you can do in this case to get around it is use some other tasks application to create your tasks (SlickTasks or BHive tasks) which will allow you to create repeating tasks that do create new instances when they are completed.
Please use plain text.