Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
otoseberiere
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

uncaught exception:

I need to know what to do to resolve this problem every time I need to open my sms inbox of my BB Storm 9530, the message I get is "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.NullPointer Exception" and I have not been able to read all my SMS message.

Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: uncaught exception:

The software seems to have come corrupt.

Make sure you  have the latest Software for your device and carrier installed onto the computer.

This is the device Software, not the desktop manager.

Once done that, go to C Drive: Program Files: Common Files: Research in Motion: App Loader and double click on loader.exe.

Once the welcome screen comes up, plug in the device WITHOUT the battery and hit next. When you see the PIN number appear after maybe a few minutes press next.

Once it gets to the device application part, put the battery back in.

On the last page before you hit finish, you will see a 'ANDVANCED' option, click this and make sure both the check boxes are fixed.

This will fix ur issue.

also read - http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=9500&message.id=5500

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
walterccs
My Device: Not Specified

Ready... Well Done... Gracias por ayudarme a resolver ese error o mensaje que aparecia en mi Storm cada vez que retiraba la bateria y se encendia el teléfono, ademas de ese simple mensaje de "error" no podia utilizar la aplicación  "search" la que ayuda bastante a encontrar mensajes, texto, en fin muchas cosas utiles.. Gracias de nuevo al amigo..

Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

walterccs wrote:

Ready... Well Done... Gracias por ayudarme a resolver ese error o mensaje que aparecia en mi Storm cada vez que retiraba la bateria y se encendia el teléfono, ademas de ese simple mensaje de "error" no podia utilizar la aplicación  "search" la que ayuda bastante a encontrar mensajes, texto, en fin muchas cosas utiles.. Gracias de nuevo al amigo..

Sorry I have no idea what you are saying let alone language you are speaking.
***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~