Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

unknown calls straight to voicemail!

[ Edited ]

Whenever a unknown caller calls me, the phone shows an little hourglass, vibrates and then goes to voicemail.

EDIT: Separated from another thread

Message Edited by MohA on 07-16-2009 05:06 PM
Solutions: 6,134
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: unknown calls straight to voicemail!

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

Do you have ANY other software application, third party, like iCallManager, or Black/White List on the device to manage unwanted calls?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

No.  It has been doing this since the first day I bought the phone.  I know people who have the same problems.  I live in an area where all calls I get will come up as unknown number, so I need to get this resolved.  

Thanks. 

I am having the same problem! People call me and it doesn't ring and it says unknown. I have sat in a room with 5 people in my phonebook and they all try it and it's all the same thing! What do I do??

I was also having this problem when I first purchased my phone.  It wasn't until I took the time to update the software that this quit happening.  I can't walk you through the steps (or even how to check it) but the update eliminated that problem for me entirely.  

I spent an hour on the phone with a tech person and figured out the solution. Somehow my settings under DO NOT DISTRUB were changed. Make sure that is off and this won't happen...

You can find the Do Not Disturb settings under Profiles and then Advanced and then click on each profile and make sure it's not on.

Hope this can help someone else!

New Contributor

this happened to me when i first got my blackberry storm. i found these instructions on vodafone's troubleshooting page which fixed the problem for me. hope this helps.

To reset your Voicemail diverts enter ##002# then press SEND

This will clear all diverts and a confirmation message will be displayed on your phone

Enter 1211 then press SEND

You will hear a confirmation message from Voicemail

Your diverts to Voicemail are now reset

To confirm that your divert is now working correctly simply call your own number and leave yourself a message.
New Contributor

My phone does not ring when I get unknown calls. I went into all of my setting and all of my Do Not Disturb are set to NO.

What else can i do?

New Contributor

I finally figured something out. I don't believe it is the solution, but it is working for me. I added Unknown Number as an entry in my contacts list with no number or any other details. I have had no problem since.  Hope it works!