Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
ajaymsheth
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: verizone

unlocking storm-2 by verizone

I have got storm-2 by verizone.I can use the phone in India on Reliance Network,but not Blackberry services.I am told  by my service provider that till you are seeing network's logos while switching the phone on and off you will not be able to use BB services on our network,so get the phone unlocked.Can somebody guide me how can I do that?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: unlocking storm-2 by verizone

Check the below link to unlocking of BlackBerry devices so that you can use devices from one network to other. link - http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com/eshop/online-store/unlocking/blackberry/north-america

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ajaymsheth

Thanks for responding.Few questions.

The link asks for 1 inserting Verizon Sim Card and 2 Sending IMEI

I am in India and does not have Verizon Sim. How do I find IMEI number of my instrument?

Thanks,in advance!!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

ajaymsheth wrote:

I have got storm-2 by verizone.I can use the phone in India on Reliance Network,but not Blackberry services.I am told  by my service provider that till you are seeing network's logos while switching the phone on and off you will not be able to use BB services on our network,so get the phone unlocked.Can somebody guide me how can I do that?

Hi,

To add to my friend Tanzim's excellent advice, I believe that you have been misinformed...what I highlighted there in red is not accurate. If, by that, you mean the initial carrier "splash screen" seen during the boot up process, then if one exists, it cannot be changed...it is deeply rooted in the ROM of the BB, and cannot be changed. Regardless of what carrier you may operate your BB on, it will forever have that VZW splash screen...but the existence of that splash screen is meaningless. Rather, see this helpful post:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ajaymsheth

Hello,

Thank you very much.What you have written is right.But,what do I do?As I said I can use the phone but not BB services.So, I also believe,it is unlocked.But, my service provider(Reliance) says if its a verizon phone and you are seeing verizon logo while switching on-off(not rebooting) the phone, you will not be able to use it on our network.

On checking further on my phoe I can see in Sim Card ID no. and under personalization all 'disabled' and network 'Inactive'Then which locking are my service provider talking about?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

ajaymsheth wrote:

So, I also believe,it is unlocked.

Don't "believe"...verify, via the link provided earlier.

ajaymsheth wrote:

But, my service provider(Reliance) says if its a verizon phone and you are seeing verizon logo while switching on-off(not rebooting) the phone, you will not be able to use it on our network.

I have no way to know why they say such things, as it is not accurate in the way this is stated.

ajaymsheth wrote:

On checking further on my phoe I can see in Sim Card ID no. and under personalization all 'disabled' and network 'Inactive'Then which locking are my service provider talking about?

I do not know.

ajaymsheth wrote:

But,what do I do?

Any BB can be used on any carrier that runs the same radio frequencies that the BB is capable of (and I've no idea if your's are such...you must check). But, to bring a BB onto a carrier network that they did not sell to you, there are several hurdles to cross:

1) The carrier must say "yes" to the fact...they own their network and have every right to say what devices will be allowed to connect to it. If they say "no", then that's the end of it. This may be what they are saying...for the wrong reason that they give you, but they may simply be refusing to allow that BB onto their network...they have the right to say that.

2) You must be sure that your BB is properly unlocked from it's originally manufactured-for carrier...see this helpful thread for details:

3) You must get all of your voice level services functioning on the carrier, before you even try anything about data

4) You must subscribe, from the carrier, to an adequate data plan to enable the BB-proprietary services you desire

5a) If the carrier directly supports your specific model BB, then you can proceed with registering the BB onto their network, generating the proper Service Book delivery to your BB, and proceeding to function.

5b) But, if the carrier does not directly support your specific model number of BB, then the challenges are much greater as most carrier systems will not deliver, to the BB, the necessary service books to enable the BB-proprietary data services, even if you do subscribe to them.

So, depending on all of that, your BB may or may not ever fully function on that carrier network. It can be quite tricky to accomplish, especially if 5b applies. So take a look at all of that and decide how you wish to proceed. Most folks wind up just buying a new BB if 5b applies.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ajaymsheth

Than you very much for the post.

It has become clear that the reason is 5b only. That is , RELIANCE NETWORK,INDIA DOES NOT SUPPORT BBS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES OR NETWORKS LIKE VERIZON.So, one can use it for phone functions but not data services,which effectively makes it  useless.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

While it is sad if they do that, it is their right, as the owner of their network, to restrict what specific services and devices they will allow on their network.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.