Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

hckybabe099
My Device: Not Specified

upgrade and multitap predictive input

[ Edited ]

I recently upgated to OS .148. I always had my default text set up on Multitap and predictive input, just like t9.. however, after the upgrade, i am unable to use the multitap in portrait view and still be predictive text. i have tried checking and unchecking the 'predictive input' box several times under the language option, as well as selecting and unselecting 'multitap' in the keyboard options. i can still do predictive input with suretype, but i am so used to multitype now, which is just like t9. i was wondering if anyone knew if this was a bug with the new OS, or if there was any other way of trying to enable it.

also, can i downgrade and go back to an older operating system? if so, how do i do that? thanks. 

EDIT: Split from another thread, edited title

Message Edited by Andy on 06-06-2009 10:22 AM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dawiz

Re: upgrade and multitap predictive input

I think that's the way it is suppose to function...not entirely sure but that makes sense.  Predictive text is suppose to compliment suretype since a single tap may have mutiple values...multitap means you want to tap a key multiple times to get a character, hence there's no need for a prediction since you are seeking a definite value.

Your Desktop Manager will assist you with the dowgrade...I downgraded back to .75 but later found out it was a stupid move so I'm back to .148.  Think twice before you do your downgrade.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
anna00

Please.. is there an answer for this? I am having the same problem. I am so accustomed to be able to type in MulitTap in Portrait View and, like using t9, am able to just tap each number for the letter I want once, and it will give me the words I am looking for to choose from. With this update, it no longer does this. The Predictive Input does not work in landscape view, either. So frustrating!!! Someone help, please!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
javelinsam

totally sympathise with you Anna... it's odd that my GF is anna too and has the same problem.. anyway... this phone is shocking once you really get into it.  so much just doesn't function as it should do.

take it back to your supplier and demand a new phone

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kosurge11

Well, I have the same problem, I asked around and found that T9 was a glitch in the previous versions and that blackberry does not offer T9 and that it had fixed the glitch in its new version so that those of us who wanted T9 cannot use it anymore. I think that this is a disgrace and that RIM and Blackberry should offer this service to us not only for our benefit but also for theirs because they will be able to better compete with dumb phones and other smart phones which offer this. Also the transition for users coming from dumb phones will be alot smoother if blackberry offered T9, it is something that is overwhelmingly in their benefit, especially since RIM is trying to compete with other smart phone manufacturers as well as dumb phone manufacturers.

Unfortunately as of now there is no app that enables T9 and there is no other way to get it for those of us who have updated unless you downgrade. If someone does find something in the future, please post and let us know.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
filmgirl

woah. it's a good thing i came across this thread, i was JUST about to do the upgrade. i do not believe that bb could call t9/predictive imput a glitch. it not being available would be the glitch! not having that would be the ABSOLUTE last straw with this phone. i was excited about the upgrade too.

if anyone has anymore info. about this please share!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
makaveli1184

Yea- i wish i read this before i upgraded ...surpisingly the only problem with the phone i have now is that stupid sure type ....i dont want to have to learn this .... i think if we keep posting messages about this and get the word out. RIM and Blackberry will have to do something ... one man trying to change the world i guess. Also if there is a computer/App programmer out there that wants to make some money - please design an APP to get T9 back !!!! please please please ...

Lets not let RIM and Blackberry win this - fight the power !!!! WE WANT T9 BACK !!!

Please - Will someone please join me in getting T9 Back ??

Please use plain text.