Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
webersart
My Device: Not Specified

voice dial setup

Can someone tell me how to setup voice command without sending me to a link?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: voice dial setup

Voice dialing allows you to make phone calls using voice commands. You can also use voice dialing with a Bluetooth® enabled device that has been paired with your BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions on how to pair a BlackBerry smartphone and a Bluetooth enabled device, see KB03391.

Voice dialing allows you to perform the following tasks:

• Make a phone call using the name of a contact in the Address Book application
  • Make a phone call using the phone number of a contact in the Address Book application
  • Check the status, signal, battery level, or wireless network coverage of the BlackBerry smartphone

To access the voice dialing application, complete the following steps:

1. On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, select Voice Dialing.
  2. When prompted, say the command.

Note: To exit the voice dialing application, press the Escape or End key.

Voice commands

Note: If the voice command is unclear or not specific, the BlackBerry smartphone prompts you to clarify or provide more details.

Function Voice Command Additional Information Making a phone call Call and contact name or phone number

Say Call and wait to be prompted.

OR

Say Call Jennifer Fox.

OR

Say Call Jennifer Fox at home (or at work).

Dialing an extension Call extension and the extension number

You must set smart dialing options. See KB02765.

You can dial extensions only within your organization.

Checking your phone number Check my phone number Not applicable. Checking status Check Status

Checks signal strength, coverage, and battery strength.

Say Check and wait to be prompted.

OR

Say Check Status.

Turning off prompts Turn prompts off Turns sound off. Prompts appear on-screen only. Turning on prompts Turn prompts on Turns sound on. Prompts are delivered out load and on screen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
webersart

Thank you but this doesn't say how to set it up. It only says how to use it.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rredfox
My Device: Storm

There's really no "setup" per se. You just click on the voice dial icon on the "main" screen.  You can also setup options so one of your side keys becomes a 'voice dial' shortcut key.

If you're using a 'bluetooth' headset, you should have a button on the headset that brings up voice dialing.

A couple of notes on using it:

1.  Wait for the tone "prompts" before speaking - especially while it's initializing.  For some reason inbound noise confuses it during the initialization.

2.  Once you actually find it and start using it, you may find it helpful to adjust some of the parameters.  While the voice dial icon is illuminated, just hit the BB button to access "options".

If this has helped, please click on the "Kudos" button. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
webersart

But how do you actually set up the voice command?  How do you assign the name of your contact, meaning when do you actual record your voice and put it to the contact?  All of the instructions just say to give the command, but I'm not hearing how you have to link the command to the actual contact.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alant40

[ Edited ]
The phone knows your contacts. I was surprised also when I said my sons name and it came up automatically. You don't have to program it like a car stereo with voice commands. Just say call and any name in your contact list. You'll see what I mean...
Message Edited by alant40 on 01-04-2009 11:18 AM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leverte

You no longer have to record your voice. Just say "call home" or "call John Smith" and it calls the number you have programed under that name.
Please use plain text.
miker1

In theory, this sounds superb.

In practice I get a list of 3 names I don't want to call at all, with the option of saying "no" to all of them.

It doesn't seem to be learning... what am I doing wrong?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bigguy05641
My Device: storm 9530 verizon wireless

Agreed it is virtually unable to understand what I am saying on mine as well. I did check the languages and it is indeed english(United States). Any tips on how to talk to it? I think I read in another thread a battery pull helps this?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikeholb

Re: Re: voice dial setup

I am having the same problem with mine and I am begining to think that there is a problem with the phone as only a few people seem to be experiencing this. I am also having problems using bluetooth to speak to people once connected. Are you experiencing the same problem. Mike
Please use plain text.