Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

mike_seaton
My Device: 9670 Style

6.0 bundle 3049 bug Lost PIN option on compose menu

I just wanted to report a bug that I have experienced with the latest release of 6.0 software bundle 3049 V 6.0.0.706, platform 4.4.0.560. I am operating the Blackberry Style from Sprint. My issue is that the option to Compose a PIN message has disappeared from the Compose menu and from the Contact menu. I can still view and reply to PIN messages but I have no way to initiate one. I have downgraded to bundle 2426 to recover the PIN option But I feel that the battery lasts longer on bundle 3049 so I will suffer with the minor inconvenience of not being able to initiate a pin. Please pass on to the development team for review Thank you, M
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: 6.0 bundle 3049 bug Lost PIN option on compose menu

Same here, except I'm on a 9330 curve with the same OS

My Device: 9800

Same for me except my platform is 6.6.0.246

keriortega
My Device: Style

I am having the same problem.  I have tried deleting prior messages, removing the battery and rebooting the device, and closing all other programs/apps that are running and still am not having success.  Has anyone found a solution to this issue???

What a pain this has become!

lanceoak
My Device: 9800 Torch

Not a permanent fix - but I find if the PIN menu disappears, I shut down the 9800 Torch, take the battery out and then put it in and let it start up.  Seems to work but not permanently.  I called the help (Bell) and they sent a file to me but it fixed it once and the phone still loses the PIN menu.  Fingers crossed my shutdown and battery pull will still work.

keriortega
My Device: Style

Thanks.  I have also tried that--sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... Will just make do unitl the next update fixies it or I get a new phone...

Appreciate the feedback!

New Contributor
4dr1
My Device: Curve

Same here, but I found a temporary solution too... Since I use wifi n radio profider, what I try to do is: 1. Turn off all the radio (wifi n profider) 2. Delete all the servicebook (2 entry that canot be delete, so skip it, Provisioning n Blackberry ID) 3. Pull the batree 4. Go into messege, it will tell you an error, but tsill go trough with it, 5. Compose PIN will show, 6. Try to create one first, then turn on thr radio... The strange thing is, if you turn on the radio without send servicebook, the menu is stay there, but after you send servivebook, the menu disapear again... I suspect one of the servicebook entry is cousing it to disapear, but i just don't know wich one...
lanceoak
My Device: 9800 Torch

It seems that Blackberry put out an upgrade, which took the PIN menu from the phone.  They later did an upgrade which restored that function.  Unfortunately, certain phone companies have not implimented the upgrade.  Bell being one of them.  Therefore, there is a fix possible but your phone company must authorize it.  Check with your phone company and see if they have upgraded same.  If they have, issue is something else.  If not, then fix is possible but denied.