Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

New Contributor
My Device: Style 9670
My Carrier: Boost Mobile

A bunch of issues with the Blackberry Style

I own a black berry style 9670 6.0 Bundle 2426 (v6.0.0.522, Platform 4.4.0.434) Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.6.5 Branding Version 1.0.133.513A

Free space 220.4MB
Media Card Free space 3.5GB

Carrier: Boost Mobile

#1. There is no padlock icon on the home screen. How do i fix this? I have restored the device to its original state and still no padlock icon.

#2. I recently installed then purchased 'CrunhSMS' app from Blackbery App Store version 3.31 and then subsequently updated to version 3.33 and now am running version 3.34.

I then tried to schedule several texts and nothing happened. (The recipients claimed to not receiving anything) I then tried testing the software to see if I was doing anything wrong and still nothing happened.

Since I have updated my phone to Version 3.34 my phone has slowed down and battery life is horrible. The scheduling portion still does not work and the phone always seems busy (the busy signal little black clock seems to appear when ever I try and access anything on the phone)

I then uninstalled the app from my device and battery life returned to normal and no more system busy icon.

All of the above happened on or before March 22, except for the padlock icon issue which i first noticed today.

I reistalled 'CrunchSMS' today version 3.37 and the same thing happened. At 9:00p.m. I had 40% battery life and by 10:30p.m. I had 5%. I emailed the tech support at CrunchSMS and have never heard back from them. The original email to them was sent on March 22. Can anyone help me with either of these issues.

Kirk