Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Applications Running

Greetings,

How can I tell how many applications are running in the background? The Application Switcher always shows at least five applications. Options > Device > Application Management > CPU shows a lot of applications that are using <1% of the CPU, but I don't know if that means that they are actually running. Is there another way to see which applications are running?

Thanks,

Shane.

Z10 STL100-3 (version 10.3.2.2252)
LTE Playbook (version 2.1.0.1917)
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Applications Running

Hi SGoodman,

Those 5 applications will always appear in the Application Switcher as they are core applications.  Some applications may use minimal CPU usage for things such as notifications, however, only applications that appear in the Application Switcher are fully running in the background.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Trusted Contributor

The five applications that are automatically loaded after restarting are Messages, Phone, Browser, LinkedIn, and BBM. The order doesn't seem to be significant.

Shane.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

SGoodman wrote :

The five applications that are automatically loaded after restarting are Messages, Phone, Browser, LinkedIn, and BBM

Hi SGoodman

As already mentioned by Cpt_Sweatpants Five applications will always be there they are  : Home ,Message , Browser , Phone and BBM  and you are missing " Home " on  that screen , Is " Home " is not on that screen , but there are some third party applications which will also appear on that screen and you cannot remove them from that screen like some call blocking applications or As you are getting Linkedln on that screen so you have not five but six applications that are running in the background.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Trusted Contributor

Home is listed, but I didn't mention it because I didn't realize that "Home" was an application.

LinkedIn also appears, so I guess I have six.

Shane.