Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

New Contributor
iToasty
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530

Blackberry Style 9670 - Rocker Volume Keys

Hello My Fellow Blackberry Users!

My "Rocker" keys (the convenience keys for volume) will not work for my "Now Playing..." unless I am in the "Now Playing..." screen. Usually, beforehand, I could skip songs, play/pause, volume +/- while it was flipped close, or if I was using another application.
Last night I downloaded a few apps, just some minor Alarm Apps. Musiclock? and Multi-Alarm ("The Best Free BB Alarm App!"), or something like that.
I really need these keys, I broke my iPod so this is my mp3 player and having to open up my phone and now playing screen just to change a song, or turn up my volume.
If it's closed and nothing is running, it will cycle through new texts like normal. If I'm listening to music and it's closed, when I hit any side key: the outer LCD will light up, but won't change my song, volume, or play/pause.
This is my first serious thread, so please help me out!

- Toast

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Blackberry Style 9670 - Rocker Volume Keys

Hey iToasty,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Just to make sure it is not hardware related I would suggest you perform a backup and then do a clean reload and test the rocker keys before restoring any data: http://t.co/nkzR2KN

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.