Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

TumbleweedB
My Device: 9670 Style

Browser crashing after update

I attempted to wirelessly update my device's software over the weekend. After I completed the update, I had issues with my browser crashing and causing the phone to reboot. I primarily use the phone to check my Gmail, as I've never been able to pair that account with the device (I always get the same error message, that the address and/or password are incorrect, which they are not). I can login to Gmail and see my inbox, but if I tried to see older messages, see sent messages, write an email, etc., some sort of error message popped up, far too quickly for me to read, and the device shut down and rebooted. I thought this was an issue with Gmail alone, but I tried to open the browser to check options and it shut down from the initial home menu. Yesterday I took my phone to a Sprint store, where they uninstalled the update and reintstalled it using an actual terminal rather than wirelessly. However, last night and today I've had the same issues.  I am able to use the quick links on the phone's menu to access Facebook and Twitter, and so far there have been no issues using either. I'm thinking of downgrading back to the previous version I was using, since I never had these issues with it.

Blackberry 9670

Updated from 6.0 Bundle 1609 to 6.0 Bundle 2426 (v6.0.0.522, Platform 4.4.0.434)