Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

New Contributor
My Device: Style 9670
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Calendar and Theme Problems

I just got my new Style 9670 a couple of days ago.  So far I like it; however, I do have two small problems with it:

1. The calendar defaults to the day view despite having changed the default setting to agenda view numerous times.
  2. I downloaded a theme from App World but I cannot find it and I also do not see how to change the theme.  I like the today themes that show my agenda on the home screen.

My Device

• Blackberry 9670 Smartphone (CDMA, Wi-Fi)
  • 6.0 Bundle 698 (v6.0.0.248, Platform 4.4.0.164)
  • Cryptographic Kernel: v3.8.6.5
  • Branding Version: 1.0.104.535Q
  • Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1
  • Micro Edition Profile: MIDP-2.1
  • MIcro Edition Media Version: 1.1
  • Micro Edition PIM Version: 1.0
  • Micro Edition File Version: 1.0
  • Micro Edition Bluetooth Version: 1.1
  • Micro Edition Location Version: 1.0.1
  • WLAN Version: 4.2.1.37
  • Refurbished: N

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Device: Blackberry Style 9670

Re: Calendar and Theme Problems

Almost 99% sure there aren't any compatible themes in app world.  Tried myself with no luck.  You're better off trying 3rd party at this point.  However I don't think the OS has been released for themes to be built yet.  

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have a problem with applications to the Blackberry can do?

New Contributor
My Device: style 9670
My Carrier: sprint

i spent way too long on the phone w / the blackberry support ppl...after close to 3 hours of them doing things to my phone the only thing that they could say was that they think it's a glitch in the new software that's affecting the themes b/c all the themes i downloaded are compatible

New Contributor

Did they propose a solution?  It's not good enough for them to just say there's a glitch and then let it go.  These phones are expensive and I expect it to work right just like I'm sure you do. 

New Contributor
My Device: style 9670
My Carrier: sprint

no they didn't...they asked me to call them back if i was able to figure it out!! i went to sprint and they switched my phone thinking that maybe just a few phones had that issue but it's the same problem. i even tried downloading a theme for the torch since it's the same OS but that didn't work.

New Contributor

How ridiculous!  They want you to let them know if you figure it out.  You would think this would have been tested BEFORE the phone was released.  I have tried downloading several themes and none of them work. 

My Device: Blackberry Style

Not so ridiculous. If it's an OS problem it's Blackberry not the carrier's tech support. They'll update the software and let people know. It's a new phone, every new phone has gliches. Welcome to technology.