Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

Contributor
duches77

Camera forcing hard reboot

Hi, I've been having a strange intermittant issue recently. It doesn't happen often, but the camera will occasionally freeze for less than a second and then force the phone into a hard reboot, as if I had pulled the battery out. It seems to only happen when the flash is activated, but it's only happened twice so far, so I haven't been able to pick out a pattern just, yet.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Camera forcing hard reboot

Hiya!
So it only happens when flash is used? very odd!
I would continue testing to see if we can identify some form of trend... until then, it is simply too vague.

cheers!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
duches77

Yeah. Unfortunately, I've only had it happen twice (or fortunately), so not enough to go on. I'll try to figure out more if it happens again. It's hard to tell, though, because anything that might have been running, but doesn't start automatically, is no longer running after the reboot. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Carrier: Rogers

Yes, any apps would have closed, that isnt bad as it will help save your battery too.
Regardless, lemme know!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.
RayaLigal
My Carrier: Sprint

This has happened to me for more than two weeks now! It is when the camera is in use, but it has also happened during other routine activities or just sitting there. My phone reboots multiple times in a row. The other day I had over 90% battery and after forty minutes of me not touching it, I had 5%. No one has been able to give me an explanation yet. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
qweasdd
My Carrier: dfghjk

Yes, any apps would have closed, that isnt bad as it will help save your battery too.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thomas_b42

Good morning, I am having the same problem with my style. Have you found any fix? I've tried a new battery. I baught my phone new from sprint about a year and a half ago.

Thomas

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ggastaris

U need a new battery. It happened to me after about a year. It started happening occasionally and i didnt know why, but it got more frequent as time went by. When i would use bluetooth to stream music, camera, anything that required alot of juice. When it wouod reboot, it would waste 100% of my battery. It was replaced and i like the phone again. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thomas_b42

The battery did that one time about a week ago, that when I felt it might have been the battery. I have a new battery and after three days it is acting up again. When I send a Text.
Please use plain text.