Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

New Contributor
rootcanal
My Device: Nextel 8350i
My Carrier: Nextel
Accepted Solution

Can't send pictures through email nor text

[ Edited ]

I have rebooted, I have battery pulled.  Nothing works.  Regular email is fine but it won't send a pic, and when I highlight a pic in my library, there is no SEND option.

I have seen many internet posts on this topic, but no solution.  If you have a solution, please email me or post it here. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can't send pictures through email nor text

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Try this...create the email first, then before sending, press the tototo key and select "Attach File". Can you then navigate to the picture and attach it to the email? If so, then the function is actually working...it's just for some reason missing the "Send" option from the file explorer.

As a possible resolution, this KB, while written for the Torch, perhaps applies:

• KB24883Unable to send pictures from the BlackBerry Torch smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rootcanal

I can attach it to the email, yet when I press send, there is a red X that appears. 

When I try to text a pic from the pic library, there is no Send option at all.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...thanks...how about the KB? Does that apply?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rootcanal

This turned out to be a simple problem... while seeing if I could send, I didn't have the TO: field filled in.  In order to see a SEND option, you have to assign an email address in the TO: field...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

LOL! Occam's Razor again! Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
ToniMontana
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: t mobile

I have the blackberry bold 9900. I can't send any pictures that I've taken with the camera via text message. The little red clock appears and at the top it says sent at the same time but it never goes through please email me or post here
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

ToniMontana wrote:
I have the blackberry bold 9900. I can't send any pictures that I've taken with the camera via text message. The little red clock appears and at the top it says sent at the same time but it never goes through please email me or post here

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Well, first off, please read and attempt what is already recommended within this thread. Please also search these forums for other threads that may be applicabl...and read and attempt what they say. Then, report back with exactly what you attempted and exactly how each attempt went.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
da8uve
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Fido

I purchased a blackberry curve. I can receive pictures via text, but I can't send pictures through a text message. How do I fix this problem?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
da8uve
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Fido

I purchased a blackberry curve. I can receive pictures via text, but I can't send pictures through a text message. How do I fix this problem?

Please use plain text.