Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

My Device: Style
My Carrier: CREDO

Dead fone!

My fone got wet and will no longer work!!!

Please tell me what I need to do to save my 4000 contacts and my Balckberry cloud info.  Thanx!!!

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra
My Carrier: Verizon/T-Mobile

Re: Dead fone!

Ok yes the phone is probably gone, BUT you might be able to get it to work long enough to do a backup by getting the moisture out of it.  There are 2 good ways to do this.  The famous rice trick, and also denatured alcohol.  First off take the battery out if you have not already done so.   For the rice trick, place the BB, back off in a bowl of uncooked rice, place the battery in there too.  Make sure the device and battery are covered over by the rice, BUT that it's all open to the air.  Wait 24 hours, then take them out and try the device, IF it works, do a full backup on Desktop Manager.

Ok the alcohol trick, and this can be used WITH the rice trick.  Get the purest alcohol you can by from the hardware store, it's called denatured or pure alcohol, and it's used for cleaning electronics.  You need to get 90% or greater, 96% is probably what you will find, and this is perfect.  Do NOT get regular 86% drug store alcohol!   Dip the device in the alcohol and let it dry (withOUT the battery in it)  Again wait 24 hours, use the rice trick, it works well with the alcohol trick!

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy: