Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

My Device: Blackberry Style 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

Deleting Apps Completely

I know how to delete an app, but I want to know how to remove the icon also? I want it completely gone off of my phone like I never downloaded it in the first place. Is there anyway to do this or will I have to keep the icons hidden and will my uninstalled list in blackberry apps just keep getting longer?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Deleting Apps Completely

Hello,

A few things mixed up together there...

In AppWorld, you cannot remove anything. When you delete an app, it moves to the Uninstalled section. The AppWorld servers will forever retain record of that app and populate MyWorld with that record.

On your BB, the only reason an icon would normally be left over is if it's one of those annoying apps pushed by your carrier (which, if you read the fine print of your contract, I bet they are allowed to do). So, if it's one of those, what happens when you delete the app is that the teaser icon comes back...and you have no choice. Just do what we all do...create a folder called Junk and move those into that folder. Or hide them from view.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code